CES and desist.
We just came back from a riveting and harrowing 2014 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). For those of you who have never attended, CES is a never-ending journey consisting of smoke-filled casinos, endless lines, iPhone cases, and strange and confusing conference food. But the chance to see many of the gadgets and technology that will be released later this year along with 150,000 other attendees keeps us going back year after year. And, in addition to a strong showing by augmented reality and wearable technology, CES was full of innovations like smart home tech, drones, robots, 3-D printing and more.
CES 2014 Wrap-Up:
- 10 Innovations from CES you should know about [Business Insider]
- 2014 CES: Hardware Startups are big at Consumer Electronics Show [LA Times]
- Android dominates Apple at CES 2014 [Business Insider]
- 5 trends we noticed at CES [Digital Trends]
- CES 2014: Auto Tech Developers Getting Into the Fast Lane [Time Warner NY1]
- CES 2014 proves that wearables are still a work in progress [TechCrunch]
- The story of CES as told by Tweeted cries for help [Digiday]
Augmented Reality @ CES:
- CES: Wearables break out all over the body [USA Today]
- CES 2014: Best in Show [ZDNet]
- Epson introduces new Moverio glasses with head-motion tracking and camera [engadget]
- Metaio leads next-generation augmented reality on wearables at CES 2014 [blog]
- Augmented Reality smart-glasses impress at CES 2014 [Mobile Marketing Watch]
- Wearables with augmented reality are mind-blowing – and an ethical nightmare [CNET]
- Metaio integrates 3-D augmented reality into Intel RealSense SDK [blog]
- Back to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress 2014! Metaio will be in the App Planet once again- stay tuned for more!
- South By Southwest Interactive 2014, Metaio’s Trak Lord will speak on a panel entitled “DIY Everything with In-Car Augmented Reality” [panel info]
Pick of CES: The AirDroid Pocket Drone
Yes, this is exactly what it sounds like. There’s still time to fund these guys on their Kickstarter page, but check out this video from the CES Expo floor.