|Munich & San Francisco, 17 September 2013: Metaio, world leader in augmented reality (AR) software and solutions, today announces the development of the first-ever hands-free, marker-less augmented automotive manual using Google Glass. Metaio will additionally update and optimize its core technology and leading augmented reality platform to accommodate the major wearable device providers like Epson, Google and Vuzix, all of which will be presented October 10-11 in Munich at Metaio’s annual technology conference, InsideAR:www.metaio.com/insideAR.
The hands-free interactive car manual prototype developed by Metaio will be the first time that augmented reality on wearable computing will be shown to be productive and commercially viable.Metaio R&D developed this new prototype as a proof-of-concept of the capabilities of its AR platform on wearable devices. A new type of 3-D tracking and recognition technology engineered by Metaio utilizes CAD models to recognize and overlay 3-D content onto the real world counterpart. Since no markers, GPS or point clouds are required, the stability of the augmented reality experience increases dramatically, while remaining almost immune to variable lighting, glare, position, and other environmental factors that tend to interfere with vision-based experiences.
Update Metaio AR-Platform
Metaio will update its leading augmented reality platform to include the incredible new tracking technology presented in the demo, in addition to adding support for major wearable computing devices, including Epson Moverio, Google Glass and Vuzix M-100. And looking toward a wearable ecosystem, Metaio will upgrade 3-D and 2-D visualization to include programmable shaders and other camera optimizations that will allow for more robust tracking and an overall more realistic user experience.
InsideAR attendees will get the chance to try the demo on Google Glass, along with many other wearable demos that feature hands-free augmented reality. Developers and non-developers alike can learn how they can use the Metaio AR platform to build next-generation wearable apps, with the Metaio SDK, Creator and Cloud services.
“We’re going beyond one-off passive viewing experiences,” says Metaio CTO Peter Meier. “Metaio is taking all the necessary steps to ensure an always on, always augmented future, and we’re beginning that journey in a big way at this year’s InsideAR in Munich.”
To learn more and register for InsideAR, October 10-11 in Munich, please visitwww.metaio.com/insideAR
To learn more about augmented reality software and services by Metaio, please visit www.metaio.com
The worldwide leader in Augmented Reality (AR) research and technology, Metaio develops software products for visually interactive solutions between the real and the virtual world. Based on the Metaio Augmented Reality platform, digital and 3-D content can be integrated seamlessly into the user’s camera view looking upon the real world. Serving over 50.000 developers and powering over 1,000 apps for enterprise, marketing, retail, publishing and industrial cases, over 30 Million consumers use Metaio’s AR software. Learn more at www.metaio.com
Metaio to Unveil First Hands-Free Car Manual on Google Glass, New 3-D Tracking Technology and optimized wearable augmented reality platform at InsideAR 2013September 17, 2013
5 Comments | Augmented Reality Applications, Augmented Reality in general, Augmented Reality in Production Planning, Augmented Reality Software, Industrial Augmented Reality, InsideAR, Mobile Augmented Reality | Tagged: augmented reality, augmented reality event, augmented reality sdk, augmented reality software, conference, glass, google glass, hands free, insideAR, metaio, press release, Smart Glasses, wearable computing | Permalink
Posted by metaio
InsideAR 2013 is the only cure for summertime sadness.
10 Reasons to attend the most exciting conference in the Augmented Reality industry (in no particular order)
- We gather luminaries, visionaries and the brightest minds the world of professional augmented reality for two days. These people journey from all over the world just to share their insight- will you be there?
- With over 2500 square meters of exhibition space, this is the largest dedicated showcase for Augmented Reality apps, demos and experiences
- The automotive industry basically kickstarted commercial augmented reality in 2003; InsideAR is the only place to see, first-hand, exactly what they’ve got planned for the next 10 years.
- Want to know what AR looks like through wearable computing like Google Glass, Vuzix, and Epson? InsideAR will feature all of these and more as we look to the future of hands-free interfaces.
- No other event in the world collects as many passionate, visionary and dedicated augmented reality professionals as InsideAR. From speakers to sponsors to guests, InsideAR is the place to get to know the major players in the industry.
- Hear from the Metaio founders themselves, Thomas Alt & Peter Meier, on what Metaio has planned for the next year.
- InsideAR is the first and best opportunity every year to see the latest R&D and try out the newest updates to Metaio’s AR platform.
- Developers from all over the world will be in attendance, including the winners of the first ever Metaio International Developer Competition- don’t miss the awards ceremony on the first day.
- Some of the coolest AR installations are “hidden” on assembly lines, in warehouses and on factory floors all across the world. InsideAR is the one chance to see these innovative industrial augmented reality examples collected under one roof.
- Have you ever been to a Metaio party? If so, you know exactly what to expect for this year. If not- ask someone who has. They’re quite memorable
Other Metaio news
- Metaio nominated for a Constellation Research SuperNova award- read our entry [here] or go straight to voting [here]
- Announcing the winners to the first-ever Metaio International Developer Competition [blog]
- Disney Research to present at InsideAR 2013 [blog]
- Cannes Lions Silver winning AR experience “Penguin Navi” will be featured at InsideAR 2013 [blog]
- Stoli von Gotti develops app for Villeroy & Boch, will present at InsideAR [blog]
- FOCUS Magazine to showcase augmented reality print media at InsideAR [blog]
- Washington DC gets an augmented reality preview of a new museum [blog]
- Metaio to Celebrate 10 years of augmented reality at InsideAR 2013 [blog]
InsideAR 2012 Highlights
Still not convinced? Check out this video from last year’s event, and hopefully we’ll see you October 10-11 in Munich!
2 Comments | Augmented Reality in general, Augmented Reality in Mobile Commerce, Augmented Reality in Product Presentation, Augmented Reality Software, Mobile Augmented Reality | Tagged: augmented reality, augmented reality event, augmented reality sdk, augmented reality software, content, epson, google glass, insideAR, metaio, Mobile Augmented Reality, penguin navi, speakers, sponsors, vuzix, wearable computing | Permalink
Posted by Trak
Congratulations to the developers from HAKUHODO Tokyo/doAR, who created the Japanese augmented reality experience Penguin Navi, winning the Silver Medal at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity - one of the most prestigious marketing awards in the world. Our colleague Amanda Le was visiting Japan at the time of the release and told us that people were going crazy over the latest AR experience for the Sunshine Aquarium in Tokyo.
3 Comments | Augmented Reality Applications, Augmented Reality in general, Augmented Reality Software, InsideAR, Mobile Augmented Reality | Tagged: 2013, augmented reality conference, augmented reality event, augmented reality software, DoAR, hakuhodo, insideAR, international developer competition, junaio, metaio, Mobile Augmented Reality, news, penguin navi, penguins, winner | Permalink
Posted by Trak
Dear metaio ecosystem,
The year has started off with the launch of our metaio Mobile SDK 3.1 which brought the vision of an Augmented World one step closer by being the first AR SDK delivering full 3-D object tracking.
We believe that Augmented Reality will see mainstream adoption only by combining Great Technology and Useful Content. To empower our content ecosystem we have just launched our easy-to-use tool to create mobile AR Applications. The metaio Creator provides a drag-and-drop interface that makes developing and deploying your own custom AR project fast and convenient.
We will be showing our latest results in research, product dev. and end-consumer adoption at the Augmented Reality Event in Santa Clara, where I will present and discuss the process of building a delivery stack that ensures reliable, accessible AR from chipset platform to end-user.
Read all about it in our latest newsletter : http://www.metaio.com/fileadmin/upload/newsletter/metaio/2012/may/NEWS-metaio_May_2012-002_2.html
Junaio is increasing traction in the publishing domain with large magazines publishing content through the junaio service. We have incorporated some of the latest partners deploying content on junaio in our newsletter: http://www.junaio.com/fileadmin/upload/newsletter/2012/cons/03_may/NEWS-junaio_May_2012-002_2.html
I realize it´s early – but please be invited to join our yearly conference InsideAR on October, 1st and 2nd with the legendary visit to the Oktoberfest being part of the venue. We have recently put all information around the event online at: http://www.metaio.com/insidear/welcome/
Thomas Alt, CEO metaio
2 Comments | Augmented Reality in general, Mobile Augmented Reality | Tagged: 2012, 3-D Object Tracking, ARE, augmented reality, augmented reality event, CEO, insideAR, junaio, metaio, metaio Creator, Mobile, mobile sdk, munich, Oktoberfest, print, publishing, Santa Clara, thomas alt | Permalink
Posted by Trak