The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Hello again! Though we haven’t had a Weekest links since (shhh) November 2012, Spring can be a fresh start for everyone. We’ll renew our regular Monday schedule starting next week and on- until then, check out the list below and don’t forget to subscribe!
Metaio | Junaio recap
- Metaio shows off awesome Augmented Reality at GDC 2013, TweakTown [video]
- Metaio Augmented Reality Interview @ the ARM booth, 2013 Game Developer’s Conference, featuring @traklord [video]
- ARM exhibits Metaio Augmented Reality Product at GDC 2013, featuring @twitt_AR [video]
- A Sneak Peak at HP Support’s Augmented Reality App (powered by the Metaio SDK) [video]
- “Augmented Reality: What do businesses need to know?”, NetworkWorld [article]
- 10 Augmented Reality technologies you should know about [slideshow]
- SmarTech Publishing Report Says Google Glass Heralds a New Era For The Augmented Reality Business [press release]
- Metaio to participate in annual European Satellite Navigation Competition [press release]
- Our former intern Sebastian tells us how awesome we are [blog post]
- Slanted Magazine, a fully augmented edition powered by Junaio [blog post]
Even though we have extensive documentation for all of our augmented reality software, we thought it was important to give developers, both experienced and new to our platform, the ability to get in-depth explanations on certain topics in the form of weekly webinars. You can sign up for the next Webinar, an advanced SDK session for iOS developers, right here on our dev portal (http://dev.metaio.com), along with recorded versions of all the other sessions, with topics like Content Creation, Intro to SDK, Intro to Junaio, Intro to Creator and more.
Next week is Aumenta.me 2013, the annual meeting point in Spain for the exchange of ideas, experiences, projects and developments of Augmented Reality in Education. Taking place April 20th in Valencia, Spain, it will showcase the best educational AR experiences, including workshops and seminar sessions. Learn more here: [event site]
Dates announced for InsideAR 2013, the most exciting augmented reality conference in the world [event site]
If you missed them, photos from the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona [album]
Registration is open for the Augmented World Expo, June 4-5 (formerly ARE). Get in with Early Bird discounts before it’s too late! [registration] (If you read this after April 9, use code AWE3META to get a special discount)
Join us at the annual AR Summit in London, June 20th [event site]
To follow Metaio on the road, make sure to check out our Events page as we update it through the year [events site]
Pick of the week: April Fools
Out of all the 4/01/13 shenanigans, these were some of our favorites:
- Guardian launches Augmented Reality specs to offer immersive liberal insight [article]
- Google launches GMail Blue [video]
- Nokia turns up the heat with its first microwave oven [article]
- Improv Everywhere: Reverse Times Square
Not entirely sure what’s happening here, but it sure seems “augmented”….