The new Metaio Creator was just released in October. Released in 2011 as a tool for AR newcomers and non-developers, the Metaio Creator has become a powerful and reliable solution that allows you to make your professional AR development faster, easier and more efficient.
With unique features like the new AREL script editor, automated 3-D model shading and optimized pipelines for brand new tracking technologies the Metaio Creator is the perfect tool to support and optimize your AR scenario creation process.
Easier AR development with Metaio Creator:
The new Creator comes with an AREL scripting editor. This unique feature allows you to create the basic AR workflow with some simple Drag & Drop functionality and extend it by adding individual adjustments and extensions directly in the creator interface. Afterwards you can easily copy paste the AREL code of specific elements or even export the full AREL script and include it into your channel development.
Curious about how to get started with the new Metaio Creator? Check out the latest webinar for a video walkthrough of all the new features:
Automated creation and flexible optimization of 2-D & 3-D tracking data:
In addition the new Creator is the perfect tool for creation and management of your 2-D and 3-D tracking configurations. Use GUI-based pipelines, improved authoring and support for expert tweaking to get the best tracking performance in the most efficient way.
Improve the visual appearance of your 3-D content with just one click – Automatically add shadows and ambient occlusion to increase the immersive effect of your AR scenario without any manual efforts.
More enjoyable and efficient experience with improved usability:
We have also included a bunch of new features which make your life easier using Metaio Creator. Easily replace trackables or contents within your scenario, Copy/Paste your contents on several pages or flexibly decide on the needed resolution of in page videos.
Metaio and Junaio Certified Developers are finding Metaio Creator an extremely valuable tool for automatically validating and optimizing tracking data, rapidly building prototypes for client proposals, export AREL scripts and to quickly update content in their cloud based apps.
See a list of features the new Metaio Creator has for you:
- Full export compatibility of Creator AREL scripts to support your manual channel and application development
- Automated creation and flexible optimization of 2D & 3D tracking data:
- Automated creation and evaluation of trackables/Tracking data (optimized in latest version)
- GUI based creation pipeline for the New 3D markerless object tracking based on CAD data (BETA) for difficult to track objects in changing light conditions
- Improved authoring when using 3D object tracking using 3D point-clouds/maps created by the Metaio Toolbox (e.g. for removing of 3D erroneous data points from the point cloud)
- Support for expert tweaking of tracking configuration parameters:
- adjust the detection threshold of 2D and 3D trackables
- gravity assistance which uses the built-in inertial sensor of mobile devices to stabilize tracking of targets that are located horizontally (e.g. on the table/the ground)
- tracking fallback that will keep the last tracking position for some time and/or use the orientation sensor of mobile devices to continue tracking, extensible tracking of 3D trackables which dynamically increases the 3D point cloud during use(learns the environment on the fly)
- Full export capability of tracking data to support your manual channel and application development
- Enhanced realism with improved rendering quality of 3D models
- Support for automatically adding shadows to 3D models
- Support for automatically improving the texture of loaded .fbx models by calculating self-shadowing/ambient occlusion for an improved visualization
- Automatically optimize your 3D content in Creator and then export into your manual channel development
- More enjoyable and efficient experience with improved usability:
- Added support for replacing resources/content and trackables without having to start from scratch when e.g. exchanging an trackable
- Added support to Copy/Paste of Contents on multiple trackables
- Improvements in 3D navigation (bookmark views, front, right, top view shortcuts, etc.)
- Flexible adjustment of in page video resolution
- Display of FTP login details to the Metaio cloud space server to allows using any FTP client to access your cloud space independently
Many Certified Developers and the Metaio Service team are finding Metaio Creator an extremely valuable tool for automatically validating and optimizing tracking data, rapidly building prototypes for client proposals, export AREL scripts and to quickly update content in their cloud based apps.
Find more information about Metaio Creator:
- Working with the metaio Creator 3.0 – A user´s experience – Blog Post
- Updated Documentation – Metaio Developer Portal
- FAQ – metaio.com
- Sign up in the Metaio developer portal and get the Creator 3.0 now – Link
And in case you didn’t watch the presentation from InsideAR 2013 “The Metaio AR Platform for developers and creative users” yet, that’s your chance: