There’s…something on the…week!
We always like to highlight incredible work built on our software, which is why we’re thrilled to tell you about this awesome project from Winnipeg-based Zenfri, “Clandestine Anomaly”. This will be the first mobile game that utilizes vision-based augmented reality, GPS, and actual real-world elements. Check out their video on Kickstarter and help support the launch of this amazing augmented reality game!
Metaio | Junaio
- Seeing things differently: are brands missing the boat with Augmented Reality? [The Drum]
- Developer Sander Veenhof merges 3-D printing with Augmented Reality in the Ultimarker [blog]
- Ever play Jenga? Ever play Jenga….on Augmented Reality? [JengAR video]
- Cronovizor: The AR Time Viewing Machine (powered by Junaio) [video]
- Nimlok utilizes Metaio software to visualize custom exhibits in 3-D [whitepaper]
- Toshiba & Concepteers Augment Living Rooms [blog]
- re:publica 2013: Europe’s biggest digital conference [blog]
- Working for Metaio: Alexander Oser [blog]
- In the hotseat: Augmented Reality user experience design Q&A [NGRAIN blog]
- Augmented Reality in education [blog]
There are things that are happening
- APX Labs mods Epson Moverio BT-100, adds camera mic and motion sensors for improved AR [Endgadget]
- Google Glass: this isn’t and never will be a consumer device [VentureBeat]
- Yahoo experimenting with Google Glass, says CEO Mayer [CNET]
- Google Glass Augmented Reality Apps are a possibility [Ubergizmo]
Registration is open for the Augmented World Expo, June 4-5 (formerly ARE). Use code AWE3META to get a special discount, courtesy of Metaio. Come see Metaio deliver unmatched insight on the industry along with the latest and greatest of AR demos, including the brand-new AREngine! [registration]
Meet Metaio at the Augmented Reality Summit, June 20th in London [event site]
Interested in speaking, sponsoring or attending InsideAR, the most exciting event in the augmented reality industry? Contact us! [event site]
Pick of the week: Oculus VR used to simulate death by guillotine
Just a little off the top. S’il vous plaît.